/// all that ever holds somebody back, I think, is fear. for a minute I had fear. then I went into the dressing room and shot my fear in the face...LG

7.1.11

freeyourself

i love this poem by rita loyd...

Free Yourself
I Free myself from Self inflicted suffering.
Life is hard enough as it is.
In this moment of awareness
I allow love to influence the way
 I treat myself,
speak to myself,
 and see myself.
Why treat myself with actions that are less than loving?
Why speak to myself with words
 that are less then encouraging?
Why see myself and life with eyes
 that are less than compassionate?
What will it accomplish? What is to be gained?
Only pain. Only defeat. Only disempowerment.
Only waste of time and energy.
Life is too short
not to live each day
 with purpose
and with Love.

photo taken by scott schuman of the sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment